Tips for Driving in The Snow
1. Stay Home unless absolutely necessary. Yes, the first point is to stay home unless necessary. There is no need to venture out and put you or your family in jeopardy.
2. Drive Slowly. Being cautious is extremely important this might save your life and that of another party.
3. Give your self extra distance when planning to stop. Stopping distances increase when the roads are slick with snow or ice.
4. Don’t accelerate too fast. Accelerating too fast, will likely cause your vehicle to slide.
5. Don’t brake too fast. Braking too fast will likely cause your vehicle to slide or fishtail.
6. When going up a hill be careful not to apply too much gas, which will cause your wheels to spin.
7. Use extra caution on bridges and overpasses. Bridges and overpasses may have black-ice, which could cause your vehicle to slide.
8. Be aware of vehicles in front of you. Watch for brake lights and their emergency flashers, be prepared to stop.