Car Washing Tips for Winter –
Before winter storms, most municipalities will have their road crews put salt and sand over the roads to help prevent potential accidents. As you drive over this mixture, the salt and sand is deposited on your vehicle. It is important to make sure you clean off this debris from your vehicle.
1. First rinse your car thoroughly.
2. Two bucket wash system – one with water the other with water and a mixture of your favorite car cleaner. Wash an area of your care with the water and cleaner mixture, then rinse the sponge or cloth in the water only bucket. This will help to keep the dirty water and particles in the water only bucket.
3. Once you have wash a section of the vehicle, rinse off with water and move to the next section.
4. When you are finished give the car another rinse to get off any remaining dirt.
5. Now dry with a clean cloth. You might keep several on hand to make sure you are not using a wet cloth to dry.
*Also, note you should purchase grit guards for the buckets. These will help to keep the dirt and grit in the bottom of the bucket. You should be able to purchase a grit guard from your local auto store.